On Wed, 19 Oct 2022 16:45:12 GMT, Lance Andersen <lan...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please review this PR which will update the Zlib Data Compression Library
> from 1.2.11 to 1.2.13.
>
> - I have run all of the Mach5 tiers which did not show any issues related to
> the upgrade.
> - The JCK zip/jar tests also continue to pass.
> - Jai ran his macOS aarch64 test(for
> [JDK-8282954](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8282954)) with the zlib
> 1.2.13 port and has not seen the failure as seen with the MacOS aarch64
> native zlib port
>

> Best,
> Lance

src/java.base/share/native/libzip/zlib/README line 6:

> 4: thread safe.  The data format used by the zlib library is described by RFCs
> 5: (Request for Comments) 1950 to 1952 in the files
> 6: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1950 (zlib format), rfc1951 (deflate format)
> and

Hello Lance, it appears that we had done this change to this file in the JDK as
part of https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8283525. As Sean notes in that
issue, the `http` link is back to working but `https` was still prefered during
that change. Should we stick with `https`?