On Fri, 28 Oct 2022 20:43:04 GMT, Claes Redestad <redes...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Porting to aarch64 and other platforms can be done as follow-ups and
> shouldn't block integration.

I'm not an expert in JVM internals, but there's an already seemingly working
String.hashCode intrinsification that's ISA independent:
https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/6658 It operates on higher level than
direct assembly instructions, i.e. it operates on the ISA-independent vector
nodes, so that all hardware platforms that support vectorization would get
speedup (i.e. x86-64, x86-32, arm32, arm64, etc), therefore reducing manual
work to get all of them working. I wonder why that pull request got no visible
interest?

Forgive me if I got something wrong :)