On Mon, 31 Oct 2022 08:28:07 GMT, Markus KARG <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> **TL;DR:** Your optimization is now contained in this PR and outperforms the
> previous code. Nevertheless I plead for Alternative C (double buffering)
> instead, which is even faster but much simpler.

You had dismissed this previously so it's useful to have results now to
compare. I agree it's much simpler, it can probably use Arrays.copyOfRange too.

For the results, can you say what the underlying input stream is and what the
target output stream is? Also it would be useful to get a baseline. I suspect
you have that, it's just not pasted in the table above.