On Tue, 15 Nov 2022 21:28:29 GMT, Maurizio Cimadamore <mcimadam...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> This comment is on orElse but I suspect you are suggesting that get() be
>> changed to return Optional. I think we'll need to get more feedback/usage of
>> this API before re-visiting that.
>
> Yes, my comment was really on `get` - that said, I note that saying
> get().get() would look odd (but maybe finding some other name for
> `ScopedValue::get`, such as `find` might work)

It certainly would look odd. This API is, by design, as lightweight as it
possibly can be, both from an implementation and a user's point of view. It's
also intended to be as close as possible to an "invisible" parameter passed to
all callees. From that point of view, `get()` is a wart. `get().get()` is
just...