On 17/11/22 1:36 pm, Alan Bateman wrote:
On Thu, 17 Nov 2022 07:41:09 GMT, Jaikiran Pai <j...@openjdk.org> wrote:

I think if we want to improve this error message then maybe attempt the
solution proposed by Alan in the JBS issue:

Extend jdk.includeInExceptions to include "file", meaning opt-in in secure
deployments to include the tmp directory in the exception.
Yeah, I listed three suggestions in the JBS issue. This PR is item 2, which is
to emit a warning a startup when the running with -Djava.io.tmpdir set to a bad
directory. That is useful on its own and should help in some scenarios.

Thank you Alan for that detail. I didn't realize this was an independent change being pursued.

-Jaikiran