On Wed, 16 Nov 2022 16:55:24 GMT, Andrew Haley <a...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> JEP 429 implementation.
>
> Andrew Haley has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional
> commits since the last revision:
>
>  - Javadoc changes.
>  - ProblemList.txt cleanup

src/hotspot/share/utilities/exceptions.cpp line 166:

> 164:     // Remove the ScopedValue cache in case we got a virtual machine
> 165:     // Error while we were trying to manipulate ScopedValue bindings.
> 166:     thread->set_scopedValueCache(NULL);

I am see this pattern repeat quite often:

    thread->set_scopedValueCache(NULL);
    oop threadObj = thread->vthread();
    assert(threadOop != NULL, "must be"); // <--- sometimes
    java_lang_Thread::clear_scopedValueBindings(threadObj);

Encapsulate in a method on the `JavaThread` class?