On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 14:10:47 GMT, Hannes Greule <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Adam Sotona has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
>> commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   merged JAVAC_FLAGS and EXCLUDES in Java.gmk
>
> (not a reviewer) From a quick look at it, I noticed two things:
>
> 1. Input validation: As an example, it is possible to call
> `ClassfileVersion.of(-1, -1)`, and also use it to create a classfile from it.
> It looks like it is possible to create a classfile byte array with such a
> version, and the upper int bits are just ignored when writing the version.
> Should something like that be validated before? How much validation do you
> generally want to do (also regarding nullability etc)?
>
> 2. I've seen interfaces with `sealed public` aswell as `public sealed` as
> modifier order. I think this should be consistent. (maybe it also makes sense
> to add `sealed` to the `blessed-modifier-order.sh`?)

@SirYwell thanks for your review comments!
 1. Level of input validation and unification of that level across the whole
Classfile API is important topic to discuss.
Please join us and raise this topic to classfile-api-...@openjdk.org mailing
list, as this pull request is not the best place for such discussions.
 2. General order of sealed modifier is not defined and it is another topic for
discussion outside of this PR, however I've unified it to `public sealed`
meanwhile.