On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 19:30:50 GMT, Christoph <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> We readded the splitting code and the test is passing. In the test we could
> make it work with up to 130 modules where each module _n_ requires all
> modules from _0...n_

The patch looks similar to the original. As a quick test, I changed the
threshold to 10 (from 90) to force the creation of helper methods and it fails
as expected with:

$ java -Xlog:init=debug -XX:+UnlockDiagnosticVMOptions
-XX:+BytecodeVerificationLocal -version
Error occurred during initialization of boot layer
java.lang.VerifyError: Bad local variable type
Exception Details:
  Location:

jdk/internal/module/SystemModules$default.moduleDescriptorsSub1([Ljava/lang/module/ModuleDescriptor;)V
 @18: aload
  Reason:
    Type top (current frame, locals[14]) is not assignable to reference type
  Current Frame:
    bci: @18
    flags: { }
    locals: { 'jdk/internal/module/Builder',
'[Ljava/lang/module/ModuleDescriptor;' }
    stack: { 'jdk/internal/module/Builder', 'jdk/internal/module/Builder',
'[Ljava/lang/module/ModuleDescriptor$Requires;',
'[Ljava/lang/module/ModuleDescriptor$Requires;', integer }

Do you want to continue with this issue?