On Fri, 10 Feb 2023 17:10:46 GMT, Brian Burkhalter <b...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Another possibility would be to add a native method to the test itself to
> invoke
> [GetDiskSpaceInformationW](https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/fileapi/nf-fileapi-getdiskspaceinformationw)
>  to obtain the value of `CallerTotalAllocationUnits` (in bytes) from the
> [DISK_SPACE_INFORMATION](https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/fileapi/ns-fileapi-disk_space_information)
>  structure.

That would be more reliable than parsing the output of `fsutil volume` so worth
trying. You might have to dig into which of these win32 works with quotas as
that seems to be part of the issue. The JDK uses GetDiskFreeSpaceExW. Also this
test might have to do a few iterations so that it captures free space info
while the system is in quiescence - I suspect some of the reliability issues
has been concurrent activity that changes the volume space usage significantly
while this test is running.