On Tue, 14 Feb 2023 08:47:15 GMT, Eirik Bjorsnos <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> test/jdk/java/util/zip/ZipFile/InvalidBytesInEntryNameOrComment.java line 90:
>>
>>> 88:             expectedExceptionsMessageRegExp = BAD_ENTRY_NAME_OR_COMMENT)
>>> 89:     public void shouldRejectInvalidName() throws IOException {
>>> 90:         try (ZipFile zf = new ZipFile(invalidName.toFile())) {
>>
>> If you could please convert to use `expectThrows` to get to validate the
>> message name
>
> The message is already validated using `expectedExceptionsMessageRegExp` in
> the `@Test` annotation.
>
> Would you prefer if I use expectThrows instead, or perhaps inline the
> `BAD_ENTRY_NAME_OR_COMMENT` constant as a literal?

Sorry if this was not clear,  we have gone away from using the annotation
element `exepectedExceptions` for new and updated tests and  have tried to
standardize on `assertThrows` and  `expectThrows` instead which is the basis
for my suggestion.

Thank you for your other updates.  I will go through them later today