On Wed, 1 Mar 2023 21:58:00 GMT, Justin Lu <j...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> This PR changes the English name for the region `TR`, from `Turkey` to
> `Türkiye`. Although this change is included in the upcoming CLDR v43, it
> should be applied as a spot change so that it can be back-ported properly (As
> it is a common English region name).
>

> This change targets both the CLDR and COMPAT data.

Please supply test cases with these changes
(`sun/text/resources/LocaleDataTest.java`), also copyright year changes for
COMPAT properties.
Otherwise LGTM

src/java.base/share/classes/sun/util/resources/LocaleNames.properties line 1097:

> 1095: TN=Tunisia
> 1096: TO=Tonga
> 1097: TR=Türkiye

I believe this is fine, but please confirm that this ends up correct u-umlaut
when you get the text. It is somewhat a rare case where ISO-8859-1 has the
character and the byte sequence differs between ISO-8859-1 and UTF-8.