On Thu, 2 Feb 2023 08:27:55 GMT, Amit Kumar <amitku...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> DeInflate.java test fails on s390x platform because size for out1 array
>> which is responsible for storing the compressed data is insufficient. And
>> being unable to write whole compressed data on array, on s390 whole data
>> can't be recovered after compression. So this fix increase Array size (for
>> s390).
>
> Amit Kumar has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   change acc to Alan comments

> I guess this is what you want to see ?
>

>    level:1, strategy: 0, dowrap: false
>      required size: 553018  <- there is an issue

Yes, thank you. So to summarize, an input of size `524288` bytes gets
"compressed"/deflated to a size of `553018` i.e. it _adds_ `28730` bytes, when
level 1 deflater level (`BEST_SPEED`) is used and the custom zlib's hardware
instruction is triggered. That, in my opinion, is odd (adding that many
additional bytes for compressed data). So I think it would be good to get the
team which did the zlib change involved in this discussion to understand if
this large an impact is expected. And if so, is it for all inputs or if there's
some issue that needs to be looked into in the implementation. Would you or
someone in your team be able to get their attention to this?