On Mon, 20 Mar 2023 14:06:43 GMT, Adam Sotona <asot...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Classfile API class hierarchy makes assumptions when class is not resolved
>> and that may lead to silent generation of invalid stack maps. Only
>> debug-level log information of case is actually provided.
>>
>> Proposed patch throws IllegalArgumentException when the class is not
>> resolved instead.
>>
>> Thanks for review.
>>
>> Adam
>
> Adam Sotona has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Update
> src/java.base/share/classes/jdk/internal/classfile/impl/ClassHierarchyImpl.java
>
>   Co-authored-by: liach <7806504+li...@users.noreply.github.com>

Looks OK to me. Just a minor comment, which I've added inline.

src/java.base/share/classes/jdk/internal/classfile/impl/ClassHierarchyImpl.java
line 172:

> 170:         public StaticClassHierarchyResolver(Collection<ClassDesc>
> interfaceNames, Map<ClassDesc, ClassDesc> classToSuperClass) {
> 171:             map = HashMap.newHashMap(interfaceNames.size() +
> classToSuperClass.size() + 1);
> 172:             map.put(ConstantDescs.CD_Object, new
> ClassHierarchyInfo(ConstantDescs.CD_Object, false, null));

Hello Adam, for this `Object` class representation, perhaps you could just have
a `static final` field which is instantiated to this value and reused instead
of creating a new instance each time?

Marked as reviewed by jpai (Reviewer).

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/13099#pullrequestreview-1350037496
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/13099#discussion_r1143113268