On Thu, 23 Mar 2023 22:23:00 GMT, Julian Waters <jwat...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> A couple of spots wrongly refer to boolean and jboolean as the same thing.
>> While this does still compile thanks to a happy accident and implicit
>> conversions, they are not the same at all, and should be fixed before a
>> future compiler error happens if their declarations are touched
>
> Julian Waters has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   MacOSXPreferencesFile.m

I'd argue it's more for correctness: Indeed it will still compile fine as of
now, but the type of jboolean is not the only thing that can change; the other
typedef'd boolean type can also be modified later on. Additionally, with
compilers getting stricter as newer releases drop, it's a good idea to make
sure the signatures match as best as possible, especially between declarations
and definitions of the same method

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/13139#issuecomment-1482925961