Hi Eirik,

https://openjdk.org/guide/#release-notes

HTH

David

On 13/04/2023 4:40 pm, Eirik Bjørsnøs wrote:
Hi,

My understanding of the review process for release notes is a bit sketchy, I could need some clarification.

Consider my release note for JDK-8205129 Remove java.lang.Compiler as an example:

https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8304459 <https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8304459>

The PR is approved and integrated and the issue Resolved as Fixed. However, the Release Note sub-task is still New and Unresolved

Questions:

- Is the Release note issue considered implicitly reviewed as part of the PR process? - Now that the issue is integrated, what should I do with the Release Note issue? Mark it as fixed in 21 and resolve it? - The referenced release note does not appear in https://jdk.java.net/21/ <https://jdk.java.net/21/>, that's perhaps because the JBS issue is not resolved?

Thanks,
Eirik.