On Mon, 17 Apr 2023 15:05:46 GMT, Pavel Rappo <pra...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> The @implNote is more appropriate for an internal comment. It is not needed
>> to be in the published javadoc; its only useful to someone viewing the
>> source code.
>
>> The @implNote is more appropriate for an internal comment. It is not needed
>> to be in the published javadoc; its only useful to someone viewing the
>> source code.
>
> Is it a comment to me or to the author? If it's the former, then I note, that
> if one bothers to mark up a comment, that markup should be valid.

I would change this to be an non-javadoc comment.  (Change /** to /*)
An there is no need for javadoc \implNote or @link javadoc markup.
There is very little value in being able to generate javadoc for --private.
(In part because most private implementations are not documented to javadoc
standards).

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/13491#discussion_r1168885558