On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 09:13:01 GMT, Jan Lahoda <jlah...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This is the first draft of a patch for JEP 440 and JEP 441. Changes included:
>>
>>  - the pattern matching for switch and record patterns features are made
>> final, together with updates to tests.
>>  - parenthesized patterns are removed.
>>  - qualified enum constants are supported for case labels.
>>
>> This change herein also includes removal record patterns in for each loop,
>> which may be split into a separate PR in the future.
>
> Jan Lahoda has updated the pull request incrementally with six additional
> commits since the last revision:
>
>  - Fixing infinite loop where a binding pattern is replaced with a binding
> pattern for the same type.
>  - Reflecting review comments.
>  - Fixing exhaustiveness for unsealed supertype pattern.
>  - No need to enable features after error reported.
>  - SwitchBootstraps.typeSwitch should not initialize enum classes.
>  - A prototype of avoiding enum initialization.

src/java.base/share/classes/java/lang/runtime/SwitchBootstraps.java line 263:

> 261:     private static <E extends Enum<E>> void validateEnumLabel(Class<?>
> enumClassTemplate, Object label) {
> 262:         if (label == null) {
> 263:             throw new IllegalArgumentException("null label found");

I think that this one is not hit by any test

src/java.base/share/classes/java/lang/runtime/SwitchBootstraps.java line 274:

> 272:             //OK
> 273:         } else {
> 274:             throw new IllegalArgumentException("label with illegal type
> found: " + labelClass +

I think that this code is not being tested by any test

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/13074#discussion_r1170788337
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/13074#discussion_r1170786847