On Wed, 19 Apr 2023 07:08:53 GMT, Peter Hofer <pho...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Store `Charset` object in `jnuEncoding` and use `String(byte[], Charset)`
>> and `String.getBytes(Charset)` instead of passing the charset name.
>
> Peter Hofer has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a
> merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes
> brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains three additional
> commits since the last revision:
>
>  - Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/master' into JDK-8305746
>  - Rename jnuEncoding to jnuCharset.
>  - 8305746: InitializeEncoding should cache Charset object instead of charset
> name

I have a test in GraalVM which passes with this change in place and will
periodically run and start failing in case of a regression. Other issues with
this code should become obvious quickly because the code paths are exercised
even for non-7bit UTF-8 strings.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/13499#issuecomment-1514244592