On Wed, 17 May 2023 11:46:39 GMT, Per Minborg <pminb...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> As the API has improved over the recent releases, not all `{@snippet ..}`
> sections have been kept in sync.
>
> This PR suggests all snippets used should be verified against real code that
> is placed in a new `snippet-files` folder and erroneous snippets are updated.
>
> In this PR, it is suggested duplicating code in the `Snippets.java` class and
> in the JavaDocs. The benefit of this is that code is directly visible in the
> code and not only in the generated javadoc.
>
> Another thing to think about is if there should be on single `Snippets.java`
> class or separate ones for each FFM class.

The fixes all are great - thanks for going over it. I'm not sure about the
snippet-file folder - e.g. if we're not using it, is there value in having it?
I suppose (but I might be wrong) that the IDE cannot perform refactors on such
a file, so it will become yet another thing that might go out of date?

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14030#pullrequestreview-1430500747