On Wed, 17 May 2023 12:48:17 GMT, Volker Simonis <simo...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > Should this issue have a CSR for any behavioral changes?
>
> Well, you can certainly argue that every bug fix is a behavioral changes,
> right :)
>
> But seriously, I don't see how this PR could require a CSR. The only
> behavioral change is really that `jspawnhelper` can now no longer block and
> deadlock. But that's exactly how it should have behaved in the first place.

Not quite the bar needed for a CSR, but it might be useful to write a release
note with a more problem oriented descriptive title. The current title
describes the solution, not the problem.
Something that includes the ideas in "process launch can hang if parent process
dies prematurely".

Anyone observing this behavior in their own operations would not find this this
issue.
A release note would provide an explanation and closure for issues they might
have been seeing.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/13956#issuecomment-1551531952