> command: make test CONF=fastdebug JTREG="VM_OPTIONS=-Xcomp"
> TEST=gc/TestAllocHumongousFragment.java
> error info:
>
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke
> "sun.util.locale.BaseLocale.getVariant()" because "base" is null
> at java.base/java.util.Locale.forLanguageTag(Locale.java:1802)
> at
> java.base/sun.util.cldr.CLDRBaseLocaleDataMetaInfo.<clinit>(CLDRBaseLocaleDataMetaInfo.java:41)
> ... 24 more
>
> Note that the test runs with -XX:ShenandoahGCHeuristics=aggressive
> -XX:+ShenandoahOOMDuringEvacALot and SoftReferences are involved
> (LocaleObjectCache uses SoftReferences, used by printf method called in
> getRandomInstance(Utils.java:511)).
>
> Maybe we have to deal with the case where the getBaseLocale() return value is
> null. the call stack is:
>
>       at
> java.base/sun.util.locale.LocaleObjectCache.get(LocaleObjectCache.java:64)
>       at java.base/sun.util.locale.BaseLocale.getInstance(BaseLocale.java:169)
>       at
> java.base/sun.util.locale.InternalLocaleBuilder.getBaseLocale(InternalLocaleBuilder.java:524)
>       at java.base/java.util.Locale.forLanguageTag(Locale.java:1874)
>
> in LocaleObjectCache.java:64
>
>        62             if (key == null || newVal == null) {
>
>        63                 // subclass must return non-null key/value object
>
>        64                 return null; // run here
>        65             }

SUN Guoyun has refreshed the contents of this pull request, and previous
commits have been removed. The incremental views will show differences compared
to the previous content of the PR. The pull request contains one new commit
since the last revision:

  8289220: Locale.forLanguageTag throws NPE due to soft ref used in locale
cache being cleared

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14211/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14211/files/51883706..a09f1b6f