On Wed, 7 Jun 2023 16:06:54 GMT, Mandy Chung <mch...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> `FieldSetAccessibleTest` attempts to load all JDK classes and test
> `setAccessible` on their public fields to work properly.   It should filter
> the modules that directly and indirectly depend on `jdk.internal.vm.compiler`
> and  `jdk.internal.vm.compiler.management` as they are upgradeable and also
> provide APIs to add qualifed exports dynamically.

LGTM. I have suggested adding a comment to explain what's going on in the code
added.

test/jdk/java/lang/Class/getDeclaredField/FieldSetAccessibleTest.java line 323:

> 321:                                                 mods.stream()
> 322:                                                     .flatMap(mn ->
> findDeps(mn, inverseDeps).stream()))
> 323:                                         .collect(Collectors.toSet());

Suggestion:

            // Build a list of modules that should be filtered out. These are
the deploy modules,
            // plus all modules that directly or indirectly require
jdk.internal.vm.compiler and
            // jdk.internal.vm.compiler.management, as these are upgradeable
and also provide
            // APIs to add qualified exports dynamically.
            Set<String> filters = Stream.concat(deployModules.stream(),
                                                mods.stream()
                                                    .flatMap(mn -> findDeps(mn,
inverseDeps).stream()))
                                        .collect(Collectors.toSet());

Marked as reviewed by dfuchs (Reviewer).

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14362#pullrequestreview-1468243596
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14362#discussion_r1221957008