On Thu, 15 Jun 2023 11:45:04 GMT, Andrew Haley <a...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Move `runWith()` from `VirtualThread` to `BaseVirtualThread`.
>>
>> `BoundVirtualThread` does not use `runWith()` to run its task, so when a VM
>> error occurs it can not recover scoped values.
>>
>> Moving `runWith()` into the common subclass of both `VirtualThread` and
>> `BoundVirtualThread` fixes the problem.
>
> Andrew Haley has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Correct catch a top level.

I didn't spot this before it was integrated but
test/hotspot/jtreg/serviceability/jvmti/thread/GetStackTrace/getstacktr03/libgetstacktr03.cpp
 is sensitive to the stack trace so its like of expected frames will be take
account of runWith no longer be overridden in the sub-class.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14399#issuecomment-1594632634