On Fri, 16 Jun 2023 15:30:55 GMT, Roger Riggs <rri...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Can I get a preliminary review of the wording for Deque.reversed()? If the
>> text is good, I'll make corresponding changes to the implSpecs of the other
>> reversed() default methods, namely those in List, SortedMap, and SortedSet
>> and then file the CSR.
>
> src/java.base/share/classes/java/util/Deque.java line 626:
>
>> 624:      * inverse-ordered method of this Deque. For example, the {@code
>> getFirst}
>> 625:      * method of the returned view delegates to the {@code getLast}
>> method of
>> 626:      * this Deque.
>
> The description is general and using 'For example" avoids having to be
> specific about every operation.
> The term "inverse-ordered" is new to this context and perhaps should be
> "reverse-ordered".
> "inverse" does appear in a few other class descriptions for SequencedXXX but
> its relation to "reverse" may not be clear.

Rather than describing how the methods delegate, I think we mostly want to say
that
order-sensitive operations are performed in reverse order.

I agree about, "For example", and I would keep the `getFirst` -> `getLast` part
- that's a good, straighforward example.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14504#discussion_r1232571578