On Mon, 26 Jun 2023 07:03:22 GMT, Glavo <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> `ByteArray` and `ByteArrayLittleEndian` are very useful tool classes that
>> can be used in many places to performance tuning.
>>
>> Currently they are implemented by `VarHandle`, so using them may have some
>> impact on startup time.
>>
>> This PR reimplements them using `Unsafe`, which reduces the impact on
>> startup time.
>
> Glavo has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit
> since the last revision:
>
>   delete incorrect comments

I deleted some incorrect comments.

The original author of these two classes misunderstood the behavior of
`intBitsToFloat` and `longBitsToDouble`. These two methods never collapse NaN
values to a "canonical" NaN value, so the comments is incorrect.

I deleted those comments because conversions from `int`/`long` to
`float`/`double` don't need to differentiate that behavior, their difference
only exists when converting from `float`/`double` to `int`/`long`.

The conversion methods in the `Float`/`Double` class also exhibits this: there
is only one method for converting from `int`/`long` to `float`/`double` , but
there are two methods for converting from `float`/`double` to `int`/`long`.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14636#issuecomment-1606840551