On Mon, 26 Jun 2023 15:40:39 GMT, Maurizio Cimadamore <mcimadam...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> The API changes look great. I like the instance usages of ClassFile, and how
>> CF is now used in a centralized fashion to double down as a cache/option
>> store (and entry point for transformation). Seems like a step in a good
>> direction, and make the API feel a little more cohesive.
>>
>> A small subjective comment - I'm not too fond of using "context" as a
>> variable/accessor name for all the places where we use a classfile. E.g. if
>> classfile is the context, perhaps these variable/accessor should just be
>> named "classfile" ?
>
>> The API changes look great. I like the instance usages of ClassFile, and how
>> CF is now used in a centralized fashion to double down as a cache/option
>> store (and entry point for transformation). Seems like a step in a good
>> direction, and make the API feel a little more cohesive.
>>
>> A small subjective comment - I'm not too fond of using "context" as a
>> variable/accessor name for all the places where we use a classfile. E.g. if
>> classfile is the context, perhaps these variable/accessor should just be
>> named "classfile" ?
>
> Also, another observation: the number of updates snippets in javadoc seems
> rather low for something that touches the main entry point by which client
> interacts with classfiles. This seems a sign of perhaps not having many end
> to end examples in the API javadoc?

@mcimadamore thank you for review!
Description of `Classfile` instances as "context" is intentional compromise
between discoverability (as originally proposed `Classfile.Context` didn't work
very well) and clarity of the function (as `Classfile` instances may be simply
confused with `ClassModel` instances).

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14180#issuecomment-1607827611