> Hi,
>
> I need a code review for moving the contents of the jdk.crypto.ec module into
> java.base.  This moves the SunEC JCE Provider (Elliptic Curve) into
> java.base.  EC has always been separate from the base module/pkg because of
> its dependence on a native library.  That library was removed in JDK 16.  An
> empty jdk.crypto.ec module will remain for compatibility, but marked as
> deprecated with the intent to be removed in a future release.
>
> There should be no compatibility risk for application using EC through JCE.
> There are no public API changes to EC, XEC, and EdDSA classes .  Applications
> that unwisely accessing internal EC classes will need to use the java.base
> module.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tony

Anthony Scarpino has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
commit since the last revision:

  update for review:  changed test, removed commented out code in module, fixed
switch statement, added --limit-modules

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14457/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14457/files/85870520..32b4cee1