On Mon, 17 Jul 2023 20:46:32 GMT, Naoto Sato <na...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This is to bring the JLine-based Console implementation as the default,
>> which was the initial intention in
>> [JDK-8295803](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8295803). A corresponding
>> CSR has also been drafted.
>
> Naoto Sato has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   `true`

src/java.base/share/classes/java/io/Console.java line 354:

> 352:      * character devices are available to the {@code Console}. Otherwise
> it could
> 353:      * mean that the implementation of the {@code Console} may simulate
> those
> 354:      * devices within.

The implNote helps as this is a difficult method to specify in a platform
independent way.

The class description uses "interactive command line" and  "will typically be
connected to the keyboard and display" and maybe we could re-use that here.
Here's a suggestion for the second paragraph:

"This method returns true if the console device, associated with the current
Java virtual machine, is a terminal, typically an interactive command line
connected to a keyboard and display."

I don't have any other comments on the implementation changes, they look fine.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14271#discussion_r1266938060