On Fri, 18 Aug 2023 10:06:19 GMT, Vladimir Petko <vpe...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> 8314491: Linux: jexec launched via PATH fails to find java

I get the sense from the comment in jexec.c that it is only intended to be
launched via a full path, so having it in the $PATH seems like a usage error to
me.

That said this change seems relatively harmless, though I confess I do not
understand how `/proc/self/exe` works and under what conditions reading it
returns the actual binary path rather than "/proc/self/exe". ??

src/java.base/unix/native/launcher/jexec.c line 2:

> 1: /*
> 2:  * Copyright (c) 1999, 2017, 2023, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All
> rights reserved.

Copyright format is incorrect, please just replace 2017 with 2023.

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/15343#pullrequestreview-1586161358
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/15343#discussion_r1299581188