On Tue, 29 Aug 2023 18:02:51 GMT, Naoto Sato <na...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Justin Lu has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
>> commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Reflect review comments: Non sci notation first. Link to Scientific
>> Notation section
>
> src/java.base/share/classes/java/text/DecimalFormat.java line 458:
>
>> 456:      * is the typical end-user desire. Use {@link
>> #setMaximumIntegerDigits(int)}
>> 457:      * if you want to set a specific limit to integer digits when the
>> 458:      * given pattern is not in scientific notation.
>
> It could be simpler if the normal case (Integer.MAX_VALUE) comes first, then
> the scientific notation case in which you can refer to the max integer digit
> in the class description. Also, `setMaximumIntegerDigits` can be called on a
> scientific notation as well, correct?

@naotoj Updated with your suggestions. Held off on updating CSR as well in case
the wording still needs to be further adjusted. I also considered adding these
changes to the class description (instead of each method/constructor), but I
thought the class description was already quite long, and it could easily be
missed if added that way.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/15349#discussion_r1309378808