On Tue, 29 Aug 2023 22:01:22 GMT, Mikhailo Seledtsov <mseledt...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

> Container ecosystem is growing. It would be beneficial to define custom
> command to figure out whether a specific test host or environment allows for
> container testing. This enhancement seeks to make the command used by jtreg
> "requires" extension configurable, specifically
> test/jtreg-ext/requires/VMProps.java checkContainerSupport().

I'm unclear how this is supposed to work. We have existing tests that have
`@requires docker.support` that may or may not work for arbitrary "container"
environments. What if they are really docker specific tests? Won't we still
need `dockerSupport`?

Thanks

test/jtreg-ext/requires/VMProps.java line 538:

> 536:         log("Entering containerSupport()");
> 537:
> 538:         boolean isSupported = true;

This needs to be initialized to false.

Changes requested by dholmes (Reviewer).

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/15475#pullrequestreview-1601779598
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/15475#discussion_r1309562341