On Mon, 4 Sep 2023 07:26:37 GMT, Aleksey Shipilev <sh...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Similar to other issues in the same area. I have no PPC32 machine to test the
> build on, but this matches other fixes for other architectures
> (https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/commit/83c096d6e20cd6e1164bc666df1be197a10431eb)
>  after this fix the PPC32 Zero build completes fine.

src/java.base/share/classes/jdk/internal/util/Architecture.java line 164:

> 162:     public static boolean isPPC() {
> 163:         return PlatformProps.TARGET_ARCH_IS_PPC;
> 164:     }

Maybe `isPPC32()` would be a better name (also `PPC32` above). Note that
hotspot uses `PPC` for all PPC platforms and has the more specific macros
`PPC32` and `PPC64`.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/15556#discussion_r1315180685