> In the virtual thread implementation, thread identity switches to the carrier
> before freezing and switches back to the virtual thread after thawing. This
> was a forced move due to issues getting JVMTI to work with virtual threads.
> JVMTI can now hide events during transitions so we can invert the sequence
> back to mounting before running the continuation, unmounting after freezing,
> and re-mounting after thawing. This sequence is important for future changes
> that will initiate the freezing from the VM.
>
> The change requires an update to the JFR thread sampler to skip sampling when
> it samples during a transition.
>
> Testing: tier1-5

Alan Bateman has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge
or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes brought in
by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains five additional commits since
the last revision:

 - Move transition check to JfrVframeStream ctor
 - Merge
 - Check for transition during stack walk for synchronous case
 - Merge
 - Initial commit

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/15492/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/15492/files/18f63cbd..507ae919

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=15492&range=02
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=15492&range=01-02

  Stats: 6688 lines in 179 files changed: 5237 ins; 969 del; 482 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jdk.git pull/15492/head:pull/15492