On Sun, 10 Sep 2023 16:15:01 GMT, 温绍锦 <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Some codes in core libs are duplicated, including:
> java.util.DecimalDigits::DIGITS -> java.lang.StringLatin1.PACKED_DIGITS
> java.util.DecimalDigits::size -> java.lang.Long.stringSize
>
> We can reduce duplication through JavaLangAccess, which is also needed in
> other places, such as:
> https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/15555

Yes, moving java.util.Digits to jdk.internal.util was what I had in mind, too.
SharedSecrets are only necessary when we have things that need to stay
package-private, such as member functions on String. Static utilities like this
are generally easier to maintain when they are public but in a non-exported
package like jdk.internal.util.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/15651#issuecomment-1712887622