On Wed, 13 Sep 2023 14:08:15 GMT, 温绍锦 <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> 1. Reduce duplicate stringSize code
>> 2. Move java.lang.StringLatin1.getChars to
>> jdk.internal.util.DecimalDigits::getCharLatin1,not only java.lang, other
>> packages also need to use this method
>
> 温绍锦 has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit
> since the last revision:
>
>   add comment

There's a lot of duplication exposed here between the `digits` method and the
`getCharsLatin1` method that should be resolved.
Can the callers of `getCharsLatin1` be converted to use `digits`?

We also should keep HexDigits and OctalDigits classes have a consistent API and
functionality.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/15699#issuecomment-1726019081