On Fri, 6 Oct 2023 02:22:52 GMT, Jaikiran Pai <j...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Can I please get a review of this change which proposes to implement the
>> enhancement request noted in https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8317634?
>>
>> The change in this commit introduces a new `exclude-modules` argument to the
>> `dedup-legal-notices` jlink plugin. This optional argument takes a comma
>> separated values of module names. These module names are then excluded from
>> the de-duplication of license notice files during image generation.
>>
>> (Edited to add some context) The motivation for this change is discussed
>> here https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/13686#issuecomment-1747301865
>>
>> Two new test methods have been added to the existing `LegalFilePluginTest`
>> jtreg test case to verify this implementation. Existing tests in
>> `test/jdk/tools/jlink` continue to pass. tier testing is currently in
>> progress.
>
> Jaikiran Pai has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   minor changes to the text in plugin.properties for the new argument, to
> render better on command line

If Mandy is onboard then okay but I think the JBS issue and this PR need a
clear description sto explain what the issue is before describing the proposed
solution. It would also be useful to know how this plugin behaves when the user
running is jlink does have permission to create sym links.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16066#issuecomment-1750014584