On Wed, 13 Sep 2023 01:24:05 GMT, Shaojin Wen <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> 1. Reduce duplicate stringSize code
> 2. Move java.lang.StringLatin1.getChars to
> jdk.internal.util.DecimalDigits::getCharLatin1,not only java.lang, other
> packages also need to use this method

There's a lot of duplication exposed here between the `digits` method and the
`getCharsLatin1` method that should be resolved.
Can the callers of `getCharsLatin1` be converted to use `digits`?

We also should keep HexDigits and OctalDigits classes have a consistent API and
functionality.

You could benefit from compiling and testing in your repo before committing; it
would cut down on the spurious changes.
and/or (before pushing) squash the intermediate commits to a single commit with
a salient comment.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/15699#issuecomment-1726019081
PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/15699#issuecomment-1733814668