On Tue, 7 Nov 2023 11:41:06 GMT, Per Minborg <pminb...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This PR proposes to remove two `permits` declarations where the line
>> overflows the stipulated maximum column with. Also, it proposes to harmonize
>> the layout of `permit` formatting so they are the the same throughout the
>> API.
>>
>> This PR might be perceived as over worked but I think it nice to get
>> consistency across the API now that we go final.
>
> Per Minborg has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional
> commits since the last revision:
>
>  - Remove redundandt space
>  - Use permits reformatting only when needed

Hrmm. I reformatted all classes of the same category where at least one of them
needed reformatting to make it more consistent. For example: `OfBoolean`
overflows but not `OfByte`. So, all of the of* were consistently reformatted.
So, let's pick a choice here:

1) Reformat only those specific classes needing it not bothering if similar
classes look different
2) Keep it as it is.

I am happy to do either.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16528#issuecomment-1798832942