On Tue, 7 Nov 2023 15:45:02 GMT, Alan Bateman <al...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Jim Laskey has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a
>> merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes
>> brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains 14 additional
>> commits since the last revision:
>>
>>  - Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/master' into 8315458
>>  - Rename unnamed class tests and examples
>>  - Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/master' into 8315458
>>  - Don't get args unless necessary
>>  - Remove unnamed classes from examples.not-yet.txt
>>  - Requested corrections
>>  - Changes recommended by Jan
>>  - Revised implicit class test
>>  - Don't store main method info globally. Use addition calls to fetch info.
>>  - Update JEP number in PreviewFeature
>>  - ... and 4 more: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/compare/f006108e...7effbcff
>
> src/java.base/share/classes/sun/launcher/LauncherHelper.java line 899:
>
>> 897:     /*
>> 898:      * Return type so that launcher invokes the correct main
>> 899:      */
>
> If you are doing anymore edits then I think this method description could be
> improved to say that it returns the main method type.

Another suggestion, if you are editing more, is the description on
LoadMainClass (in java.c) is confusingly worded, he currently says "Loads a
class and verifies that the main class is present". It invokes the helper's
checkAndLoadMain so maybe the comment could be adjusted to say that it calls
checkAndLoadMain to load the main class.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16461#discussion_r1385150582