On Fri, 10 Nov 2023 09:31:29 GMT, Per Minborg <pminb...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> This PR proposes to fix a problem where a sequence layout contains an element
> of `byteSize()` zero.

Marked as reviewed by mcimadamore (Reviewer).

src/java.base/share/classes/jdk/internal/foreign/layout/SequenceLayoutImpl.java
line 182:

> 180:     @Override
> 181:     public String toString() {
> 182:         boolean max = (Long.MAX_VALUE / Math.max(1,
> elementLayout.byteSize())) == elemCount;

Looks good - now if you have a sequence layout whose count is Long.MAX_VALUE,
but whose element layout has size 0, you also get the `*` in the toString,
which I guess makes sense (as you can't have a bigger sequence layout than
that).

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16599#pullrequestreview-1724554448
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16599#discussion_r1389257693