On Wed, 15 Nov 2023 18:33:47 GMT, Justin Lu <j...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Please review this PR and [CSR](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8319982)
>> which overrides and provides an implementation of `toString()` in
>> _java.util.zip.ZipFile_ (and by extension, _java.util.jar.JarFile_).
>>
>> This change is primarily to provide a more informative String representation
>> of the two classes rather than the default hexadecimal representation of the
>> hash code.
>
> Justin Lu has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   reflect review: change string value and drop spec

If it does not return a useable string (I.e. not the entry name) then the
Javadoc does not have to be prescriptive about the format to expect, but it
should make it very clear it’s only a debug string. People are just too used to
path.toString() being correct.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16643#issuecomment-1814284718