On Thu, 23 Nov 2023 11:35:47 GMT, Mark Sheppard <mshep...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> In any case the change looks fine. Do you have a test c.f. bug comment

Thanks @msheppar yes I agree with the comments.

For testing I got as far as a test that often cannot see the timeout as we are
too quick for a 1ms timeout. I was thinking that as the change is basic enough,
getting a property and passing on a value, the usable test seems rather
elaborate...

We do have test/jdk/java/rmi/transport/handshakeTimeout/HandshakeTimeout.java
which tests -Dsun.rmi.transport.tcp.handshakeTimeout=1 but that must reliably
fail to handshake in 1ms.  The basic connect is much faster. 8-)

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16771#issuecomment-1824372808