On Fri, 24 Nov 2023 13:06:05 GMT, David Holmes <dhol...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> I can't help but feel that if you disable this output then you are going to
> be missing it in the cases that you need it! Something will go wrong and
> there won't be enough info in the log to know what it was.

My experience is that I won't need it. I've been able to identify numerous
hangs, deadlocks, timeouts in the stress tests where I want to use this. Right
now I much more annoyed by the log files filling up with thousands upon
thousands lines of noise, making it harder to actually find the status of the
test.

An alternative to this could be to redirect the output to another file.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16807#issuecomment-1825888462