On Wed, 29 Nov 2023 22:21:58 GMT, Mandy Chung <mch...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Severin Gehwolf has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>> additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Tighten ModifiedFilesExitTest
>>
>>   Ensure the error message is reasonable and doesn't include
>>   Exceptions presented to the user.
>
> src/jdk.jlink/share/classes/jdk/tools/jlink/internal/JlinkTask.java line 88:
>
>> 86:
>> 87:     // Run time based link internal resources files
>> 88:     private static final String OTHER_RESOURCES_FILE =
>> "jdk/tools/jlink/internal/runlink_%s_resources";
>
> This can be shared with the plugin writing this file.   This file collects
> the hash of the non-class resource files in the image.   "runlink" is a
> confusing prefix.   What about:
> Suggestion:
>
>     // jlink's internal resource file keeps track of the hash of per-module
> non-class resources in the run-time image
>     public static final String MODULE_RESOURCES_LIST =
> "jdk/tools/jlink/internal/%s_resources";

Happy to change the prefix. Having a (unique) prefix seems useful, though,
since it eases filtering. Note: that file is not only there for the hash sums,
but also to keep track of the path to the files in the filesystem, which we'd
otherwise not know.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14787#discussion_r1410434806