On Thu, 14 Dec 2023 08:47:03 GMT, Sergey Tsypanov <stsypa...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> It looks like we can skip copying of `byte[]` in
>> `BufferedInputStream.implTransferTo()` for `OutputStreams` residing in
>> `java.io`.
>>
>> See comment by @vlsi in
>> https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/10525/files#diff-e19c508d1bb6ee78697ecca66947c395adda0d9c49a85bf696e677ecbd977af1R612
>
> Sergey Tsypanov has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>
>   8320971: Revert irrelevant changes

src/java.base/share/classes/java/io/BufferedInputStream.java line 646:

> 644:             int avail = count - pos;
> 645:             if (avail > 0) {
> 646:                 if (isTrusted(out)) {

It might be cleaner for now to drop `isTrusted()` and just do the class check
explicitly here. That still takes care of the main intent of not passing the
buffer to an untrustworthy stream. Further cleanup and consolidation can be
done later.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16879#discussion_r1427391530