Hello all,

After reading through Brian Goetz's "Effect cases on Switch" (specifically,
the "Other switch tricks" section), I have decided to not implement this
feature after all. The fact is, switch expressions, especially with
"when-clauses", does a better job of clarifying intent than this feature
does. Sure, there is slightly more verbosity, but the intent of this
feature was never to minimize the character count, it was to increase
clarity. And as is, switch expressions with when clauses accomplish that
better.

Here is a link to the subsection of the abovementioned article --
https://inside.java/2023/12/15/switch-case-effect/#other-switch-tricks

Could someone help me close this on JBS? Or should it just not be closed at
all?

Here is a link to the JBS -- https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8319802

Thank you for your time and help!
David Alayachew