On Tue, 23 Jan 2024 08:10:54 GMT, Quan Anh Mai <qa...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This patch introduces `JitCompiler::isConstantExpression` which can be used
> to statically determine whether an expression has been constant-folded by the
> Jit compiler, leading to more constant-folding opportunities. For example, it
> can be used in `MemorySessionImpl::checkValidStateRaw` to eliminate the
> lifetime check on global sessions without imposing additional branches on
> other non-global sessions. This is inspired by `std::is_constant_evaluated`
> in C++.
>
> Please kindly give your opinion as well as your reviews, thanks very much.

Nice. I had a similar thing stashed in my todo queue. Note that there is
already `isCompileConstant` that does similar thing:
https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/5a74c2a67ebcb47e51732f03c4be694bdf920469/src/hotspot/share/opto/library_call.cpp#L8189-L8193
 -- maybe we should just expose that more widely. I would suggest we just do
the private `java.lang.{Integer,...}.isCompileConstant` methods and bind them
to that intrinsic.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17527#issuecomment-1905504206