On Fri, 2 Feb 2024 20:43:54 GMT, Lance Andersen <lan...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> I think the proposed change above makes things clearer. Perhaps also make the
> same change in zipfs as well while you are at it?

I have pushed the rename to "ZipEntry.externalFileAttributes". Also renamed
`ZipFileSystem.Entry.posixPerms` to
`ZipFileSystem.Entry.externalFileAttributes`. Hopefully this makes things
clearer.

A side note: The Posix support in `ZipFileSystem` is somewhat odd in that it
supports the notion of a `null` permission set. So setting the permissions
attribute to `null` clears all the attributes, not just the permisson ones.
But even so, I think using the full name here is also an improvement, since it
signals that the field may also carry preexisting file type, setuid, setgid,
sticky bits.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16952#issuecomment-1925403883