> This is stemming from the PR: https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/14211 where
> aggressive GC can cause NPE in `BaseLocale$Key` class. I refactored the
> in-house cache with WeakHashMap, and removed the Key class as it is no longer
> needed (thus the original NPE will no longer be possible). Also with the new
> JMH test case, it gains some performance improvement:
>
> (w/o fix)
>
> Benchmark                       Mode  Cnt      Score     Error  Units
> LocaleCache.testForLanguageTag  avgt   20   5781.275 ± 569.580  ns/op
> LocaleCache.testLocaleOf        avgt   20  62564.079 ± 406.697  ns/op
>
> (w/ fix)
> Benchmark                       Mode  Cnt      Score     Error  Units
> LocaleCache.testForLanguageTag  avgt   20   4801.175 ± 371.830  ns/op
> LocaleCache.testLocaleOf        avgt   20  60394.652 ± 352.471  ns/op

Naoto Sato has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
commit since the last revision:

  Comment refined. Removed the perf-test as the fix no longer offers perf
improvement.

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14404/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14404/files/32ec51f7..92cf07f4