On Mon, 26 Feb 2024 06:57:49 GMT, Jaikiran Pai <j...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Hello David, the updated text that I proposed to Matthias, of the form
> "expected: ... but was: ..." was borrowed from what junit5

Unfortunately we get now error messages like this

java.lang.RuntimeException: VM output should contain exactly one rtm locking
statistics entry for method compiler.testlibrary.rtm.XAbortProvoker::forceAbort
expected: 0 but was: 1

It should be ... expected: 1 but was: 0 ; the assertEquals has this interface
`assertEquals(Object lhs, Object rhs, String msg)`  so we have a left hand
(lhs) and a right hand side (rhs) of a comparison but was is expected and what
is what we got is not defined  .

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17952#issuecomment-1973131407